Speak with a licensed provider online to learn if buspirone is right for you and have your prescription delivered to your door. Start your first month for only $30.
Cerebral offers medication management and counseling for only $30 for your first month. If prescribed, buspirone will be delivered to your door in discreet packaging. What do you get for $30 for your first month?
- Virtual video or phone calls with your prescriber
- Unlimited online messaging with your care team
- Medication shipped straight to your door
Understanding the different treatments available for anxiety and depression can be overwhelming. With Cerebral, you can speak to a licensed prescribing provider online to see whether buspirone (Buspar) is right for you. If your prescribing provider decides that buspirone is right for you, you can get your medication delivered straight to your door. If you're curious about getting antidepressants online, you can learn more today.
What is buspirone and why is it used?
Buspirone (Buspar) is an anti-anxiety medication. It is in a class of medications called anxiolytics, which are drugs used to treat anxiety. Buspirone is mainly used to treat generalized anxiety disorder (GAD). Everyone experiences worry, but people with GAD experience excessive, ongoing anxiety that has significant negative effects on their day-to-day life. Usually, GAD lasts for at least six months.
Symptoms of GAD include:
- difficulty concentrating
- muscle tension
- perceiving situations and events as threatening, even when they aren't
- persistent and excessive worrying
- trouble falling or staying asleep
Buspirone side effects
The most common side effects of buspirone include:
- dizziness or sleepiness
- nausea or upset stomach
- excitement or feeling nervous
- swelling of the face, mouth, throat, tongue or lips
- fast or irregular heartbeat
- blurred vision
- uncontrollable shaking of a part of the body
Though rare, buspirone can also cause a severe and sometimes-deadly condition called serotonin syndrome. The risk is greater if you also take certain other drugs. Symptoms of this condition include:
- loss of coordination
- severe muscle stiffness
- severe diarrhea
- severe headache
If you’re experiencing any serious side effects while using buspirone, it’s important to seek medical treatment immediately.
Buspirone’s interactions with other medications & conditions
Buspirone can have negative interactions with some other medications and medical conditions.
Please tell your prescribing provider before starting buspirone if:
- you have taken MAO inhibitors in the last 14 days. These medications are often used to treat depression or Parkinson’s disease. Examples are isocarboxazid, phenelzine, tranlcypromine, selegiline, and rasagiline. Mixing these medications with buspirone can cause dangerously high blood pressure.
- you are taking linezolid or methylene blue
- you are taking tryptophan
- you have kidney disease or liver disease
Avoid drinking large amounts of grapefruit juice while taking buspirone. Grapefruit juice can have negative effects on how buspirone works in your body.
Is buspirone a controlled substance?
Buspirone is not a controlled substance. This means that there are no laws restricting its use, because it is not known to have the potential for abuse or dependence.
Does buspirone cause weight gain?
No. Buspirone isn't likely to cause weight gain.
Can I get buspirone prescribed online?
Yes, you can. Cerebral prescribing providers may prescribe buspirone, as long as they determine that it is appropriate for you. As a part of prescribing the medication, Cerebral also provides a complete evaluation, diagnosis, and customized treatment plan. Cerebral members work with prescribing providers to discuss which medications may be best for them.
You’ll meet with your prescribing provider regularly to see how the medication is working for you. And, if you’re prescribed medication, we can deliver it right to your door.